Venue and transportation
The venue for the workshop is Flinders University (Tonsley Campus). For transportation please see here.
59th Annual Meeting of AustMS
The workshop is a satellite event of the 59th Annual Meeting of the Australian Mathematical Society (Flinders University, September 28 – October 1). You are very welcome to participate in the Meeting.
Invited Overseas Speakers
- Dmitry Alekseevsky (Moscow, Russia).
- Martin Kolar (Masaryk University, Czech Republic).
- Jorge Lauret (Universidad Nacional de Córdoba, Argentine).
- Jan Slovák (Masaryk University, Czech Republic).
The program and the abstracts will appear here closer to the date of the workshop.
The registration fee is $30; to be paid in cash upon arrival. The reduced fee for AustMS and AMSI members is $20. Please register here even if you are not planning to give a talk. The registration closes on September 23. The deadline for abstract submission is September 20.
We are planning a number of one-hour talks by invited Overseas and Australian speakers. There will also be standard talks (25 minutes plus 5 minutes for questions) for participants. We may also have some number of shorter talks (mostly by students).
We are not generally providing the accommodation; you might want to contact one of the accommodations on the AustMS Meeting webpage.
This event is sponsored by the Australian Mathematical Sciences Institute (AMSI) and the Australian Mathematical Society (AustMS). AMSI allocates a travel allowance annually to each of its member universities. Students or early career researchers from AMSI member universities without access to a suitable research grant or other source of funding may apply to their Head of Department or Head of Discipline for subsidy of travel, accommodation and registration fee for out of the departmental travel allowance. Please consult the AMSI travel account procedure for further details.
We will have the workshop dinner after the talks on Saturday September 26. The details will be available closer to the date.
Past workshops in the series
- AMSI workshop “Differential Geometry, Complex analysis and Lie theory”, La Trobe University, 2014.
- AMSI workshop “Complex Analysis and Differential Geometry”, University of New England, 2013.
- AMSI workshop “Symplectic and CR-methods in Complex Analytic Geometry”, University of New England, 2011.
- AMSI workshop “Riemannian and Differential Geometry”, La Trobe University, 2010
The organisers express their deep gratitude for the invaluable help from Ioannis Tsartsaflis and John Banks.